View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2005, 10:46     #79
chiQ
Frag-muff

Quote:
Originally posted by eff tee
...Real estate agents and car salesmen who think because you're a woman that you have no clue what you're looking at...
Oh hell yeah. I took males (friends and boyfriends, but no partners at that stage) along when I was looking for both the homes I bought by myself, and every time, be the RE agents male or female, they would automatically address and show the respect to the guy. Never mind that I was asking the questions, and standing in front of them. They'd look over my shoulder and talk to the freaking friend/boyfriend, and even after the male in question told them that they were just along to help it continued. BaM was with me when I was looking for the last place, and he couldn't believe how tactless they were.

When BaM and I bought this latest house it was the first time I'd bought jointly with someone else, and we encountered a few agents who didn't do this, so either Kapiti agents are less archaic in their value systems or things have changed in general.

Another gear grinder is that section of the population who don't RTFM - service users who don't read the service outlines, and make it up as they go along, making the service provision more difficult for the provider; product buyers who either complain that something doesn't work because they don't RTFM, or come asking for what amounts to training, despite having an FM; and vendors who know nothing whatsoever about their product. The latter may be a case of not reading the fucking brochure, but it amounts to the same thing.