View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2005, 00:40     #61
kimmyh51

fucking software developers who either dont bother with a user requirements phase, or ignore everything uncovered by it

putting in stupid crap like

(In our CRM software - latest update)

you can import an email from outlook or whatever, into the file for a client.

so, you get an email and you want to import it into the history for client A, however the email is about client A, or maybe forwarded copy of something client A said, but you have received it from, a colleague.

In this new update, when you import it you are now given only two options

a: replace client A's email with the email address of the colleague who sent you the email about client A/forwarded client A's email to you

or b
append colleagues email address to the email address in your records for client A

NOWHERE are you given the option to ignore fucking colleagues email address and just import tghe email into client A's history (as you were before)

so now, everything that my admin person puts into this software, she has to fuck about removing an appended email address from me or someone else in the company afterwards, effectively wasting a shit load of her time!

oh, and (this is more about support people not devs) what the fuck happened to PLANNING???????

so that when you upgrade somethign on a thursday/friday, you TEST it, and if it dont fucking work, you fix it over the weekend, not wait til monday when no one can do a bloody thing with the huge pile of work that loaded up on thur & friday when you were upgrading the system (therefore they couldnt get in)

AND

if you are a support person or server admin, and you have decided to reboot a server that you know has remote users logged into their remote desktops on - woudl it fucking kill you to call them first and give them an opportunity to log out/save/finish their work first????

I've just wasted most of my day thanks to support and developer stupidity