Thread: Roast Busters
View Single Post
Old 5th November 2013, 21:01     #12
Golden Teapot
Love, Actuary

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpx
The developmental stages are still extremely immature in a 13 year old and are hugely influenced by older peers and adults, what you've just said is so mindblowingly retarded that I don't even know how to finish this sentence properly.
Or you're being stupidly naive. A 13 year old is ENTIRELY capable of understanding that if they are drugged up and out of their mind in a place with potentially dangerous people then something bad might happen to them. These teenagers are taught this in school (where attendance is compulsory).

You might want your teenager to be like a six year old but the brutal reality is that they are not.

Teenagers and adults alike choose very deliberately to get high on drugs. A great many adults teach their kids by example that this is in fact desirable.

I know plenty of adults whose primary recreation activity is getting drunk at every opportunity. What I find entertaining is how these adults who are also parents react when their kids precisely emulate the behavior of the home they have grown up in - it's okay for the adults to be drunk and incoherent but when they're sober enough to realise what is happening around them they're horrified by the exact same behavior being expressed by their kids.

Girl goes out with the intention of getting high. She know beforehand exactly what this will mean in terms of her awareness of her situation. She knows beforehand that she will be amongst people she has no reason to trust. She knows beforehand exactly the sorts of things that might happen. She engages in activities that in some cases she later regrets. What is the problem here?