Thread: NZ vs OZ
View Single Post
Old 27th August 2018, 15:41     #48
CCS
Stunt Pants

I don't think there's any issue with what constitutes a phase. "A phase is the time a ball is in play between breakdowns. For example, first phase would be winning the ball at the lineout and passing to a centre who is tackled. Second phase would be winning the ball back from the ensuing breakdown and attacking again."

In between looking down at my phone and up again at the rugby, it felt like the knock-on had happened a whiles before the try. If the ref can go back to the beginning of the phase to find something wrong and therefore disallow the try, then that's fine.

It didn't even look like much of a knock-on. They only showed one useful angle and it looked to me like the ball might have brushed Naholo's hand but not have had the trajectory altered. The ball ended up where it was always going to go, irrespective of whether Naholo touched it. But I suppose if the rule is 'last one touched it', then it's a fair cop. The ABs still crushed the Wallabies. Ho hum.