View Single Post
Old 7th July 2022, 15:16     #14
_indigo1

According to those rtings tests the colour reproduction is quite decent for that price range.

I tend to watch media/game in the dark so the contrast and black levels are a bugbear for me.
It seems like most other panels in that same tier suffer similar issues - although that particular one is low even compared to them.
The only other VA panel I could find in the same range (MSI I think) also had the issue, which is unusual for a VA. I did not look very hard though.

Note; click on the black uniformity image for full screen view so you can see what I'm talking about.
It's particularly visible when you get non-widescreen content on a widescreen, because the left/right pad black bars are not uniform black and it's quite noticeable.
https://i.rtings.com/assets/products...mity-large.jpg

One other UTTERLY BONEHEADED thing that LG ultrawide monitors do (at least mine) is that if you set actual res to a non-ultrawide one - say you want to play a 1080p game at 1080p actual res, then the monitor will understandably pad the left and right with bars to make it fit.
The RETARDED thing is that it pads them with a rather bright GREY - NOT black!
This is unfixable - the only workaround is to use software scaling and keep res at monitors max res.

Last edited by _indigo1 : 7th July 2022 at 15:20.