Thread: nCoV 2019
View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2022, 13:43     #2894
Lightspeed

While it was really hard and painful, I mean fucking brutal, I still carry so many scars, I'm kinda glad I grew up in the hood.

I grew up adapted to not trusting. To having no real expectations of adults.

I haven't had this shock that some people seem to go through where it seems obvious they've formerly enjoyed this coherent world where everything makes sense, the news tells you the truth, schools are run with kids in mind, everyone gets the help they deserve, problems are caused by bad people.

And then they've had their bubble burst. And then they just stumble. You watch them try to gain equilibrium and they can't. They try and chase what they had before, try to find that trust they once have. Someone must be telling the truth!

But none of us are. Not in that magical way some once believed.

Only only say I'm kinda glad, cause it takes me a long time to fully process the information I'm receiving, which has some... challenging consequences.

My shock was getting a job at the international airport as a kid and finding myself amongst adults that could communicate effectively and manage their emotions without acting them out. That was a great time.

Last edited by Lightspeed : 22nd September 2022 at 13:44.