Thread: Evolution
View Single Post
Old 18th July 2000, 00:28     #133
chiQ
Frag-muff

VLAD: Please don't post shit like that. Flaming will achieve exactly nothing.

PK: The thing you have to realise is that to believe in the creationist view you have to believe in God, and it seems there are large numbers who don't. Evolution being the best explanation that doesn't depend on suspension of disbelief in God it's accepted, due to the huge amounts of evidence for it and the way the theory is so hard to debunk.

Weak theory falls over and gets eliminated fairly fast. It's shot down all the time, until it becomes something like the flat earth school of thought: a joke. Evolution has been around a long time and the evidence for it piles up daily, yet that against it is circumstantial and weak. It takes some serious bloody faith to write it off in the face of the evidence, and few here seem to have that faith, even those who believe in God.

There are creationist scientists who are working to debunk evolutionism, and they're not getting far. Until they do I'm happy with the theory; it's robust, scientifically, and it's survived well...survival of the fittest at work again. The best, most likely theories last.

Don't call us narrow-minded until you're willing to enter into a reasonable argument, and consider our side. You're not presenting your side well, so you're not getting treated with much respect. I'm sorry about the flames. I don't think they're called for.

That said, you want us to respect you? Earn it. Right now you're doing the text equivalent of stamping your foot and pouting, all because we won't accept what you say based on faith we don't share with you.

------------------
[email protected]