View Single Post
Old 10th October 2022, 13:59     #1739
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Nowhere, anywhere, ever, did I claim that the research I've encountered is the full sum of research available. It's just easy to find lots of articles in peer-reviewed journals and articles from health institutions around the world that say, and I paraphrase, "there is as yet no consensus about the safety and necessity of these treatments and the studies that have been done to date are of limited usefulness, are methodologically questionable, and so far can't be replicated". But it's OK, Jon Stewart thinks the studies don't exist.
You find what you seek. That's bad science and you know it.

You're approaching health science from the same epistemological stance as you would old school physics. This is not how it works. That's not what health science is for.

That there are endless examples of horrifying bullshit is a function of inequality. Something health science is compelled incorporate in its findings, in how these findings are applied to practice. That you expect different is a function of privilege.

It's not like institutions are oblivious to all that goes wrong, all that gets pushed too far or taken the wrong way. But we don't have the luxury of sorting it all out. The next pile-on is already on the horizon.

But I get it, your ignorance is as good as anyone's knowledge, you won't give up the fight until sport is fair.

Last edited by Lightspeed : 10th October 2022 at 14:02.