Thread: nCoV 2019
View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2020, 17:06     #889
Trigga*happY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Would we learn anything we don't already know? It seems clear, and coherent with what we see elsewhere, that the biggest challenge we're facing is political ideology and posturing trumping (...) academic consensus and appropriate expert advice. Not the absence of such.

Given we're not acting on what we know now, what good is more knowledge? All we need is our guy to say "nup" to the advice of much more appropriate experts and we're on board.

I trust China will be much more active in pursuing this research, they have a vested interest in finding out what happened. I suspect any meaningful research in the West will be perpetrated by the wicked deep state, occurring outside the awareness of elected leadership.

(For the Ajax's of the forum, I'm not advocating an end to the pursuit of knowledge, I'm suggesting our pursuit of knowledge is not what's in need of attention here.)
Remembering, at one point, stating with conviction that the world was a globe would have you laughed out of a room at best, or burnt at the stake for heresy at worst. A glut of evidence will predominantly trump 'tribal truths'. Of course the "true believers" may always push back, but eventually science takes precedence.

So while I understand the reservations about research, I think the issue is more with the mechanisms in which they are being released. A million half arsed 'scientific' investigations releasing propaganda, isn't science. It's religion. We have to find a way to sort the wheat from the chaff. Typically it's called Peer Review. Our science has to find a way back to that, rather than this push and publish bs we're seeing at the moment.