Thread: nCoV 2019
View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2020, 14:33     #886
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich
Indoor vs outdoors spread of the virus may be explained by its evolutionary origins (ie a lab). I reckon it's a mystery worth solving regardless the political egg on faces that may result.

Knowing gain of function lab experimentation and sloppy decontamination practice resulted in a global pandemic would warrant more regulation and oversight on this branch of virology. If so, maybe we should do the investigstion and get those regulations in place before we are dealing with multiple pandemics simultaneously.
Would we learn anything we don't already know? It seems clear, and coherent with what we see elsewhere, that the biggest challenge we're facing is political ideology and posturing trumping (...) academic consensus and appropriate expert advice. Not the absence of such.

Given we're not acting on what we know now, what good is more knowledge? All we need is our guy to say "nup" to the advice of much more appropriate experts and we're on board.

I trust China will be much more active in pursuing this research, they have a vested interest in finding out what happened. I suspect any meaningful research in the West will be perpetrated by the wicked deep state, occurring outside the awareness of elected leadership.

(For the Ajax's of the forum, I'm not advocating an end to the pursuit of knowledge, I'm suggesting our pursuit of knowledge is not what's in need of attention here.)