Thread: nCoV 2019
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2020, 12:58     #790
StN
I have detailed files

Quote:
Originally Posted by StN
Cool - might be able to visit Dad, who fell over and broke his hip, because old.
Back at primary school, I fell over in the playground and broke my leg. Dad got called, and took me to A&E, trundled me to x-ray and then around the hospital getting a cast etc until we ended up hooning down a corridor in a wheelchair, being dicks, pretending the crutches were machine guns. He brought me home.

Then one night at scouts I got a couple of fingers crushed in a door jamb and again he was called and dutifully took me to A&E, winced when they pulled out the pliers (to relieve the pressure) and said I could say as many naughty words as I liked when they pulled out my nails. They don't plaster broken fingers - just wrap them heaps. He brought me home.

Even in my late thirties, after young Kylie misread the situation at the lights, and I ended up in AfterHours, he turned up so wifey could go home and tend to the kids. He sat there while I got plastered up again. He brought me home.

Time now to disappear for a bit, popping out to pick him up. Mum is a bit superstitious about keeping things at home, so finally, after breaking his first ever bone, I get to return the favour.