View Single Post
Old 27th April 2022, 14:44     #43128
_indigo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Sort of, but also sort of no. It's got to be hard getting funding for research into "genetic advantages held by people of European descent".

No, you have completely skewed that - and if that's how you are forced to view scientific facts, I am truly sorry for you.

Nobody mentioned genetic advantage except for you - it's a genetic *differece*. In one case dark skin is performing a function to confer resistance to UV radiation. In another it is being conferred by a different mechanism; thereby meaning that (in theory) the first mechanism is no longer genetically conserved.

In actual fact there are many 'advantages' conferred by Neanderthal DNA, and many 'disadvantages'. Of course being so simple as to define genetic traits in such binary terms is not useful.

I also said EURASIAN descent. Not European.
In fact this already COMES from funded scientific research of the effects of Neanderthal DNA on humans - and in fact there already WAS a funded study on whether Neanderthal DNA directly impacted skin tone, as I mentioned.

It is simply science fact that Neanderthal DNA happens to appear in populations that migrated out of Africa at an earlier date, and became the ancestors of the Eurasian population; and not populations that migrated out of Africa later, after the Neanderthal population had vanished or simply no longer interbred.

Ignoring and/or censoring the immensely fascinating field of genetic ancestry and trying to pretend like we are not clusters of diversely traited populations that each have a distinct genetic heritage due to political correctness and cultural memes sounds awfully a lot like religion and is stupid.

Lets burn the observatory so this never happens again!

/generic possibly un-necessary triggered rant

Last edited by _indigo1 : 27th April 2022 at 14:48.