Thread: nCoV 2019
View Single Post
Old 14th October 2022, 11:10     #3088
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixed_truth
High rates of Long COVID-19 around the world are negatively affecting healthcare systems and economies.

Current research shows that vaccination seemed to reduce the likelihood of long COVID in people who had been infected by 15 to 50 percent.
If I jumped to a conclusion with no basis -- like you've done here -- you'd say I'm making it all up. So I'm telling you you are making it up.

Show me the research. I will read it.

More than half of Britons suffering from long Covid might not actually have it
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...actually-have/
Quote:
In one analysis, they found that five per cent reported at least one symptom 12 to 16 weeks after their infection.

However, the study also found that 3.4 per cent of people who had not been diagnosed with Covid also reported the same long Covid symptoms.

Kevin McConway, emeritus professor of applied statistics at The Open University, said: “That’s not all that much less than the 5.0 per cent for the infected people, which does show that having one or more of these symptoms isn’t uncommon regardless of Covid-19.

Mental health of Adolescents in the Pandemic: Long-COVID19 or Long-Pandemic Syndrome?
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...1257037v1.full
Quote:
Findings 1560 students with a median age of 15 years participated in this study. 1365 (88%) were seronegative, 188 (12%) were seropositive. Each symptom was present in at least 35% of the students within the last seven days before the survey. However, there was no statistical difference comparing the reported symptoms between seropositive students and seronegative students. Whether the infection was known or unknown to the participant did not influence the prevalence of symptoms.

self-diagnosing with Long-COVID is like wearing a mood bracelet and thinking the colour means something.