View Single Post
Old 28th September 2017, 12:22     #21
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberbob
So the most recent iteration of addresses - http://www.nzgames.com/forums/ - doesn't work, so anyone with bookmarks etc that wasn't a part of the facebook group will probably miss out.
Yeah, now we have two completely separate sites -

nzgames.com
forums.nzgames.com (here)

I only have administrative control over the latter. So I can try something at DNS level (tried yesterday, failed, but that might have been firewall blockheadedness on my part - update, retried, seems to be working) to rewrite requests for nzgames.com/forums to forums.nzgames.com, or take down the historical record that is "the front page" and point the whole domain at the new server.

I *think* I have a content archive of the main page but some of it is so old that it exists only as raw html somewhere if at all. Like, 1996 old. I know there's a chunk of 1997's posts missing from when we moved hosting back then and nobody remembered to get archives before closing the old account, but I don't want to walk away from the front page and its content until I know I've done everything I can to duplicate it. Just for historical reasons of course. Over the years lots of people have put in lots of hours on this fucking blackhole of time and effort and I'd feel like it was a little bit less than completely unjustified if the stuff was still online as a record of a simpler time when most of us were punk kids with nothing more important in our lives.