Thread: Ethereum
View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2021, 23:19     #433
Ab
A mariachi ogre snorkel

Further to that and your comment earlier in this thread along the lines of "we're still in the early stages" - that's why I'm kinda skeptical on Bitcoin. It was the first and the noisiest and got the most attention, but anyone who's ever used it knows that it's kludgy as fuck. Slow, power-hungry, transaction fees are ridiculously expensive. Of the coins that came afterwards it's Ethereum and things like Stellar and stablecoins that are going to be the bases of products and services that people actually use.

Put it this way: if I had lots of money and I wanted somewhere to put it for investment returns med-long term based on actual usefulness and value (rather than hype), it wouldn't be Bitcoin. I suspect Bitcoin's big jumps have already happened.

But wtf do I know, I'm an underemployed alcoholic video gamer who thought the iPhone would be meh and who completely missed the boat on bitcoin anyway, and there are lots of big investment funds pouring money in to bitcoin and it's their job to predict the future.

fuck, I'm caring again, god I hate this thread