View Single Post
Old 9th May 2004, 01:44     #177
CCS
Stunt Pants

I should point out that I'm not just being a bastard to phreaker for the sake of sheer bastardry well I am really, cos he's a fool, but there's more to it than that.

Seeing the positive reaction phreaker got to a photoshop that really is the equivalent of adding a Groucho Marx face to the Mona Lisa made me worried for the future of photoshop threads. Would there be an influx of people applying filters to the original picture and then stand back to bask in the glow of rapturous approval? "Yeah man, KEWL! WICKED! TOTALLY RAD!!" 'Cos that would really get on my tits.

I'll get to the crux of my argument: it's not about skills, it's what you do with the picture. Whether you are BaM (who has the skills to pay the bills) or Logik (whose photoshops are so terrible that they're terribly good) the idea is that you make something a bit different, a bit creative and hopefully provokes a laugh. Bountiful photochoppery skillz certainly help, but are not critical.

Let it be said that there shouldn't, however, be any hard and fast rules for photoshop threads. It's much more fun to openly ridicule those who fail to make the grade.

/me steps down from soapbox