View Single Post
Old 10th August 2019, 23:39     #1
wazza
*flex*

Snore Biggest moment of my life, 20 years too late.

Fatal1ty and I gamed Fortnite this evening, for quite some time. He's a few days in, I'm 7 weeks in.

Anyways, I exited the game 90mins ago, I'm still shaking. Fitbit reports 73bpm before he asked me to play, 113bpm when I exited.

I came here hoping I could use this account / Helious to prove I was his fan 20 years ago and put a lot of time into studying his demos post-event, etc. I found nothing from me re: him via Search ;(

Wikipedia has this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnathan_Wendel
Quote:
In honor of his contributions to video gaming, Wendel was awarded the first ever Lifetime Achievement Award by eSports. He was inducted into the International Video Game Hall of Fame in August 2010 and holds a spot in the Guinness Book of World Records.[14]
Anyways, I gamed Q3A hard, I came in 4th for WCG Korea NZ Qualifier.. I spent several years over at Planetquake.com pulling demos and executing them via console in-game.

It's bizarre to think I used to go to sleep dreaming about meeting him or what he would be like in person (I was a teenager). Nigga, I'm heading towards 36. You can blink as a junkie and lose 20years.

Blows my mind the first game I pick up since I became (selected) ESM.Helious(tf2), that Fatal1ty, like myself, has had his interest piqued by Fortnite. I am blown away I sent a friend request, he accepted(I strategically hosted him via Twitch 2mins earlier so the name would hopefully register. He accepted request. I then gave a paragraph of legit fStan - Eminem. He read it out in his stream and invited me to game..

Just wow. After 10 games (2 x squad, then 8 x trio with his mate), with my 125-135ms Mangere > NA-West and with an adrenaline dump before we actually landed, the shakes throughout.. I called it and thanked him (shaking voice and all). I was legit during each game(he cycled through several players in squads but retained me).. he said he is Keen as to play again.

Apologies, 20 years too late but man. This is way better than IV gear.

Thanks for reading, I wholeheartedly apologise to those of you who knew me well. My feelings and memories of this place aren't quantifiable.. truly this is where I learnt 95% of the actual metrics a person is actually measured by. What Simon built and maintained here is astonishing.

I cannot believe Fatal1ty chose Helious.

xoxo, ta.

Last edited by wazza : 10th August 2019 at 23:43.