View Single Post
Old 4th February 2017, 21:42     #184
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
you're really not getting me. it _should_ be wrong, and legally, it is. However the situation with Trump is that it's simply not the case
I don't understand what you mean when you say "with Trump is that it's simply not the case". Can you actually back that up in any way? You do realise a judge has already ordered a temporary restraining order on Trump's travel/immigration EO, right? He has ruled that two states have standing to challenge Trump's EO.

Let me say again: you are wrong. Trump's EOs can be overruled.

Quote:
did you miss my quote at the end of that post?
No I didn't miss that. I responded to it. Did you miss my response? Here it is again:

Another thing I'll point out is that federal judges can't be easily removed from office (executive/legislative/judicial branches and all that entails). Trump can't just up and fire a federal judge because he got into a twitter-rage. That really would be undemocratic.

If you believe that a judge challenging Trumps EO is career suicide, can you explain how exactly that is?

Quote:
Sure, it's "subject to judicial review" however my concern is that noone will stand up and challenge him.
Did you have any of these concerns with any of Obama's executive orders? Or George Bush's EOs? Or Bill Clinton's EOs? Or Eisenhower? Or Lincoln?