View Single Post
Old 28th May 2004, 21:33     #81
Naithin

Oi.. So many people.. So long ago.. My name back then was Jono, I was in TNA with Shoyu back in the first version of the clan, some of my all time best memories reside back with that group.

I still remember the first day I ever made the discovery that NZ even *had* a TF community, I had been playing with near 500ms pings on US servers and dialup. The improvement of being able to play on games3 was just incredible.

I hadn't been in the NZTF scene too long, when one day Shoyu asked if I wanted to join the clan he was forming. I have to admit at first, that my reaction was 'no0b'. I'd seen a lot of people wanting to form clans around that time, and just accepting any old person who didn't currently have a tag. (xTreme anyone? They came later.. But still.. heh)

But I happend to be on the opposing side from Shoyu on this map when he asked me, so I made a point of fighting him when I came across him. And holy hell could he send me my ass on a platter. So I chatted with him a bit more, and ultimately joined him in TNA.

Shoyu became the guy that I learnt like 80% of everything I knew about the game from. We spent countless hours dueling together, honing my abilities as a soldier (primarily). I always felt like it was a losing battle fighting him, he was a legend, in every sense of the world. Shoyu could totally own me. I never felt any better while doing the hours long sessions with him, but every time, when I hit the public servers again afterwards, I really saw the difference.

So yeah, Shoyu is way the heck up there on the list of guys I admire, along with everyone else from the original TNA crew, Wuffle / SpiderFly I especially remember as a good guy.

Adunaphel (Pull! Aim! FIIIREE!) whom I still keep in contact with also could own me at will, and put in a lot of hours in training me up when SE2 was in round robin 1v1 mode (my favourite style for quite a while ).

As did Purge. Another really great guy, who owned at TF, whom I really regret losing contact with.

I also really admire and miss:

Shrimp / Slime / Wibbs

DiGriz, Master.. Damn.. There are just so many, was so long ago..

I hope most of all these guys are still around to give a big 'how the hell are ya?' to.

Jonan and bliP I also remember, from the times when I came back for a while to test the waters..

So many good people.. I miss you guys!

Long live TNA! Long live NZTF!