Thread: Player History
View Single Post
Old 29th April 2002, 22:28     #27
Fatty

YUO=LAME

Hmmm...
Let me see, I started playing a few years ago when I was over at my mates house and saw him playing DM. I then proceeded to install quakeworld and connected to the Xtra quake server. I played for about 5 minutes and then turned it off because I was getting insane ping on my 28.8K modem and was ice skating to the max :P.

Then half a year later, when dad got a 56K modem from work I tryed again and got good as ping. I played DM for about 6 months, mostly using random names, and then got bored of being beaten by hardout guys like smoth.

A couple of months later, back at my friends house I was introduced to qwtf. The first time I saw it I thought it looked so much cooler than deathmatch and when I got home I immediately installed it. Unlike deathmatch, even at higher ping times I wouldnt Ice skate much so it was much more playable for me.
The first server I played on was the Labyrinth CUTF server in aussie. Those were good times and during my time with custom I joined many clans like wump, FeW, BBB and sBs. After about a year of playing custom it started getting gay because lots of new server and map settings were being introduced like no grapple on Steal4d, my favourite map at the time. Nevertheless, the old days of custom were probably one of my most memorable tf experiences.

Then I moved on to playing regular tf on optus and camtech servers in aus, at this stage I didnt even know there were any tf servers in New Zealand until someone told me about games3 and world-net. From then on I almost always played on NZ servers as I got half the ping of aussie servers :P.

I Joined a few newbie clans including FA, summoners clan, who were totally crap.

Slightly over a year ago I was recruited into HMF by Halfpint and I have been playing for this wikid clan ever since.

gg HellStorm for keeping HMF alive.