View Single Post
Old 2nd November 1999, 13:41     #154
Bringoutyerdead

Ok, I thought this whole circus was overwith.

I was wrong.

My car was fixed and paid (by NZI) over a week ago, I thought that side of it was done. We were about to send a complaint to the NZ Insurance Council, and I get this in the mail...

It's from Graham Edwards (Team Manager- NZI)

Reads as follows:

-----

I refer to my letter dated 18 October.

I regret to inform you that our Insured now wishes to make a counter claim and this being the case I must inform you that our stance on liability is hereby held in abeyance.

I apologise for changing our stance, however, our Insured is adamant that she was not at fault and I do not wish to prejudice her claim for damages.

The matter will no doubt go back to Court and I will comply with the Referee's decision.

I can understand that you will be unhappy with this decision, and if you wish to discuss please call me.

In the meantime, your vehicle has been assessed and repair costs have been agreed, in principle, at $894.37.

Kind Regards.

-----

(First things first: there is no letter of 18/10/1999)

Well well well. It looks as though some people just don't give up. Exactly how she can say she isn't at fault is beyond me. We have both explained (AFAIK) the same version of events to NZI and they decided she was at fault.

Clearly they are just being belligerent.

I can't imagine what their logic could be... "yeah we know we're at fault, but do it anyway- we really wanna get 'em". It's all I can come up with.

Oh well, back to court we go- and now the gloves are *off*.