View Single Post
Old 29th October 1999, 09:28     #145
TnT

In line with ZoSo's comment, I think ALL people who want to drive should either take a defensive driving course as a mandatory prerequisite to sitting the test or ride a motorcycle for 6 months. Riding a motorbike really opens your eyes up to how idiotic people in cars can be. You have to watch everything, every intersection is potentially lethal. It is quite amazing how blind people people can become when they get behind the wheel. New Zealand drivers, (sorry Rince I totally disagree with you, its New Zealand drivers, not just Aucklanders, I'm from Auckland and the most terrified I've ever been in a car was going from Lower Hutt to Wellington airport in rush hour traffic, being driven there by a local, he was a lunatic, and he was fitting right in with the rest of the drivers), are among the worst in the world, why do you think we have so many Car Wrecking yards? I am constantly reminded of that Goofy cartoon where he is a mild mannered guy then gets behind the wheel of his car and turns into a psychopath. We are too agressive and territorial in our driving.