Thread: Player History
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2003, 00:27     #159
Insanity

Thumbs up

Since being linked this thread is bound to pop-up again I may as well ignore my reluctance to bring it back to the top. Just got a quick few things:

Since we have a few names popping up recently I'd just like to reiterate my apology to the numerous people I troubled.. So yeah, sorry you guys. (and gals) I can remember doing far, far too many stupid things.

Someone mentioned my rather short-lived clan- that clan very quickly put me in my place and learnt me much respect for clan-leaders it also had a really shitty name which I remember but I'm not going to tell you anyway because I'm so embarassed someone else will remember and bust me anyway though.

For my first year (98) I was pretty much either on games3, sleeping or at school - but I was always using false names out of fear of playing crap I had a few I was really fond of and used repetitively, but I can only remember melancholy, ]AR[ PhalanX (my pet one-man-clan), Illusions.

Oh, and I liked my first 'fun clan' TT tag, usually only used it when we did a server raid though. We all played HWGuy, spoke in caps, etc it was really funny making up silly newbie stuff but looking back on it it seems a bit selfish to do it at the expense of everyone else, nobody was really that happy with us until after a while they just grew used to us and laughed at us too ;D

Another thing I'm embarassed to think about (but being sosososo long ago I can just laugh and say I WAS SO YOUNG!!@!!!) is in my very early days, not long after I joined TFT and was taught how to make 'binds' I bound a 'LAAAAAAAAAAAG!!!' key which I frequently used... URGH

As for the best player, I would have to agree with Tom and say it was eaaasily Purge. I was very lucky to be able to duel him on a regular basis. (he learnt me a looooot of things.)

I had a lot of fun at the time (being oblivious and all), although now it mostly pains me to think back as I did way too many dumb things. I can only wonder why I ever had any friends.. (A few examples above, but they are only individual grains of sand on a beach of childhood stupidity ) - I can only look forward to finding out what I'm doing these days that later on will make me groan and wish that it wasn't me.. ;D

Special thanks to the following folk who made my stay a very fun one;

Avatar, Bjorn, Bushwally, MrTTTT, Purge, Orion, VorteX ... and others to whom I apologise profusely for missing out. ;p