View Single Post
Old 9th August 2008, 14:49     #31
CCS
Stunt Pants

Rolling eyes

I love bullshit headlines! I really do!

Crown lawyer drove over twice legal limit - court
Quote:
A Rotorua crown prosecutor has been caught drink driving at nearly twice the legal limit.

Rotorua District Court was told yesterday that Richard William Maze, 27, was stopped at a checkpoint in June after he had been out celebrating his birthday, the Daily Post reported.

He recorded a reading of 729 micrograms of alcohol per litre of breath. The limit is 400mcg.

Judge James Weir fined Maze $450 and banned him from driving for six months after he admitted driving over the alcohol limit.
Yeeeeah... I think there's a pretty distinct difference between being nearly twice the limit and over twice the limit.

Plane 'blown away' as passengers disembarked
Quote:
The incident happened in June, shortly after passengers disembarked the plane, and was caught by an airport CCTV camera.
Well which is it? As passengers disembarked or after? I guess it sounds so much more sexy and exciting to have a headline in your newspaper that says the plane was blown away from the boarding gate as passengers were disembarking. So dangerous and enthralling! We couldn't possibly have a truthful headline which is not nearly so alarmist and shocking.