Thread: nCoV 2019
View Single Post
Old 14th September 2022, 20:58     #2879
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

Not at all. You should take the brain you're blessed with and use it wisely. Different experts can have different views on things, and being described as an "expert" is a very journalistic title, usually used to imply that the viewpoint presented is something you are expected to swallow whole.

You'll be able to find contradictory information on almost anything, and it's up to you to decide which position you take, and how you respond as a result. You may choose the pragmatic option, or the paranoid option, or the nihilistic option, or the cheapest option, or the popular option, or whatever your attitude sways you toward.

But simply to say "a person described by a journalist as an expert said X, therefore X is a fundamental truth of the universe" is not a position I often take. Or you can choose not to believe me, believe everything on the news, and everything you read, and constantly change your mind based on the last thing you're told. And you're entitled to do so. But don't tell me what to do.