View Single Post
Old 19th May 2023, 18:56     #43763
MadMax
Stuff

Witnessed a crash between a little kids off-road motorbike and an innocent motorist.

As I'm pulling around I'm trying to work out what was going on and see one person pulling out another from the wrecked bike and no one yet assisting. Once I got there the driver of the bike had scooped up a little unconscious ~three year old with a bloodied face. As I'm on the phone with emergency services a nurse comes running up which was a relief I can tell you.

The lady who must have been the driver of the car was staying out of it - don't blame her given the uncle's* distress.

That was not fun and nor was directing traffic. I'd make a circular hand sign advising people to turn back rather than get trapped in the road islands but some people thought they'd be able to go on the wrong side of the road right on the intersection to get past.

*I think I heard the guy telling the boy "your uncle's here". I'm assuming that the uncle was riding with the boy somehow on his lap, lost control somewhere approaching the intersection at late dusk and slammed into the side of the car.

Hopefully the boy's OK. He came to after a minute or two and wasn't too keen on going into the ambulance

Last edited by MadMax : 19th May 2023 at 19:00.