Thread: nCoV 2019
View Single Post
Old 14th August 2020, 14:41     #1029
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
Not good? It’s fucking disastrous. It’s evidence of utter incompetence.
Yes, I agree. But evidence of incompetence where exactly? Probably, Jacinda isn't responsible for running the day to day operations personally, she would have delegated that to someone else. Darryn Webb perhaps? It wouldn't surprise me to learn that there is some greyness as to exactly who was supposed to be responsible for this. Darryn Webb has been running the Quarantine facilities, so the staff are under his command, perhaps, but is Darryn Webb in charge of administering tests and when to do so? Or is that something that falls under Dr. Bloomfield's remit? I'm sure an enquiry will get to the bottom of who ought to have been managing this, I don't think we should leap to any conclusions just yet.

It's hard to be completely sure of the competence (or lack thereof) of people you delegate to. Incompetence can be so subtle, and can be caused by such a myriad of things, stress, boredom, inadequate expertise / knowledge, etc, etc. It's a long list.

The more people there are involved in running a show, the greater the scope for cockups becomes. Laying responsibility for every cockup at the government's door is just a recipe for unstable government.

Last edited by Nothing : 14th August 2020 at 14:44.