View Single Post
Old 19th May 2002, 11:53     #9
g ø f u r b ø y

Quote:
Originally posted by Gambit
whats wrong with chasing an attacker in your own base? doesnt this count as defending?
That's what I thought, but apparently if you are patrolling the ramp room you are not allowed to chase an attacker to/down the spiral or down the lift because you are meant to only be defending the ramp room.
It seems valid because - if say a soldier comes to the ramp room you are defending and jumps down the lift and you follow (chase) you leave the ramp room open to be bombarded by the medic and scout that were following him (examples ), so it would be better to just weaken them in the room you are patrolling and let them be taken care of by the other defenders later on.
It just makes your game more efficient I guess, and it is annoying being chased.

I will admit I do chase sometimes, but sometimes I don't notice I am doing it like following an attacker to the top of the spiral... Sometimes ya just want them dead , and sometimes it's just been a while since you've seen an attacker and so you make sure you kill 'em good .

Umm.. Yeah so i hope that shed some light on your question.