View Single Post
Old 17th March 2017, 11:46     #15075
Cyberbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I can't see much more room for innovation in the phone space, but then what the fuck do I know.
Wow, it's actually really interesting to go through those first few pages.

Look at Futurist Mish, for example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish in 2007
I think a lot of you are missing the 'cool' in this.
  • It's an attractive phone that will draw the masses (especially the iPod crowd).
  • It's pushing the Internet on a mobile angle.
All of these things rock my socks.

..with the "Internet on mobile" push, we'll (hopefully) see mobile data charges come down across the board (in time).

You don't have to appreciate the aesthetics of the new case or the user friendly UI. You should however appreciate the fact that we now have a driving force in the mainstream consumer market that is pushing the latest in mobile convergence and mobile Internet.

Apple may not have the product you crave right now, but I'm betting if they don't, they'll be the push the rest of the industry needs to make it happen.

Only good things can come of this.
And Pie with his satire turned almost too accurate portrayal

Quote:
Originally Posted by p01s0n in 2007
man i cant wait to take a photo of the new thick-rimmed glasses i bought with my camera phone, so i can use bluetooth to send it to my iphone, so i can find a wireless hotspot to upload my blog entry to the blogosphere using the built in safari browser (web 2.0 compatible). i know when the update is done cause the widget on my iphones desktop tells me.

Last edited by Cyberbob : 17th March 2017 at 11:49.