View Single Post
Old 1st May 2017, 18:14     #20
Lightspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I would rather every single real actual rapist got away with it than one innocent person got treated as a rapist when he or she wasn't.

That's my limit. Zero innocent people treated as rapists.

What's yours?

"Innocent until proven guilty" is a fundamental pillar upon which the entire criminal justice system stands. If any sane voter ever needed a reason not to let Labour anywhere near the government benches, this is one. This is Labour proposing a policy that breaches the Bill of Rights Act, the UN Declaration of Human Rights, and the history of sane laws since Magna Carta.
I pretty much agree with all this. Your concern is sound.

It's your *lack* of concern over the last nine years about any of National's policies that directly interfere with that would seek justice, should they believe justice might be found, that disgusts me.

You're fucking quick to pick up on the impotent murmurings of the opposition, by what fucks do you give about what National's actually doing to screw over the country?

Since National came to power it is literally easier to perpetrate sex crime and get away with it. Can you tell I'm mad about that?