Thread: computer shops
View Single Post
Old 21st February 2003, 21:20     #194
VERT

Gyrotech

Have just been trying to deal with Gyrotech (Monkeytech) for the last week.

I purchased some ram off them because they were the cheapest and they had a shop in town. The ram ended up being faulty and getting a replacement turned out to be a big mission!!!

Ordered the replacement on Monday, they said they would have it on Tuesday and they would give me a call. They didn't call me and so I finally contacted them to be told it would be there on Wednesday morning, they said they would give me a call. They didn't call me, so I called them to which they said it would be in in the afternoon - they would call me. But they didn't call me, so I called them and was told the same thing but for Thursday morning. Ok come Thursday afternoon - once again they dont call me and I call them - still not there, I ask them what is going on? I convince them they should call their supplier and found out where it is and call me back. Friday (today) noon I call them, they tell me they know nothing about calling a supplier and cannot tell me what is going on. I ask for the manager to call me.

I am very supprised!!! the manager calls me, he cant tell me what is going on but suggests something about 26th of Feb for ram from their supplier. I tell him I am comming in for a refund for the faulty goods.
The refund for the faulty ram goes smoothly, I am supprised again (even though the guy who served me said he didn't know how to give refunds - he just got the money from the till in the end).

So as the saying goes "You pay peanuts you get monkeys"

I definatley wont be dealing with these guys again

In an industry like their's they have so much competition, to gain an edge they should at least be able to deliver, poor customer service and no communication just doesn't cut it.

I usually deal with Starlyte and I will continue to in the future, IMO nobody beats them for customer service and relability.

Last edited by VERT : 21st February 2003 at 21:26.