Thread: Player History
View Single Post
Old 29th April 2002, 20:34     #20
bliP

I started in 1998 (P75 with 32MB RAM) after reading an article in PC World about this quake web site. I borrowed quake and a 14.4 modem from work, got an internet connection, then connected to some DM server. Played for a minute (watched lag icon ) thought bugger this and got at 56k modem (+ quake came free).

Got gamespy (yuck), did a master server refresh, found some DM server running DM6 24/7 in the USA and played till 4am with 600 ping (got 3 frags heh). I always played on servers with heaps of players (because it wasn't so noticible when I died - which was alot) so I connected to a CTF server in USA and watched heaps of files download. Finally joined and wondered how/why can players fly (grapple) - so I asked and got laughed at :P

TF servers always had heaps of players on them so I played that. Thought that all the good players got tops in the frag list so I was like "wow I'm cool" when I got tops (once a month )

Few months later someone called WarWorm asked if I wanted to join a clan called X so I said yeah, didn't see him for a day then purex asked if I wanted to join BBC (which I did - then of course WarWorm turns up and gets annoyed that I'd joined BBC).

BBC didn't go anywhere and was asked into MOD by Stan. Something happened and MOD fell apart (surprise) so I joined TLA (Novex's clan). TLA didn't do much either so joined TA (Wuffell's clan). TA disbanded and I joined CWP (Another Stan clan).

Classic game: CWP vs F. Stan thought that F was a newbie clan (yep 8+ newbie players appear from nowhere!) and so the whole clan thought that F was going to get wasted (watch the demo and the comment "you will be owned" heh). Then F capped and kept on capping..
CWP disbanded after a crushing defeat so I was clanless for awhile.

Got a better PC somewhere here and played VQ.

Joined UA2 played a few games, quit (disband?) joined TC (not the new one) and had a damn good time. Nearly beat LAH but they chain capped on Well6 grr . TC won SE2 then went inactive because Striker buggered off. TNA was remade so I joined with the promise of coming back to TC if it ever went active. But it never was and TC disappeared . Cheers you old TC guys.

I remember when:
- I built my first sentry gun and was surprised it was still there after I died (demoz2a)
- My first dispencer kill, thought it was exceedingly funny (still do ) (sewer1)
- Testing a detpack in single player and getting blown off the map
- When proxys first appeared, someone wandering around yelling out their health and armour (outpost3)
- WARNING: U_REMOVE on full update
- foo: where the HELL do i shove this key!
- Titan asked: "what's blip mean" - so I got the dictionary and looked it up (nmtrees)

And finally:
Mirv grenade primed, 3 seconds...
No Mirv grenades left.
No Mirv grenades left.
No Mirv grenades left.

This is the longest post I've ever made.

Last edited by bliP : 29th April 2002 at 20:44.