Thread: nCoV 2019
View Single Post
Old 7th October 2021, 13:20     #1746
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

My Dad died a year ago - a couple of weeks after his flu vaccine. He was fine beforehand, then he died of a heart attack - myocarditis. And what is know to cause myocarditis? Oh yeah, flu vaccines (due to the viral load). I told him not to bother getting it - I even said to him, jokingly, after he DID get it - "Oh well, that's the end of you..." But, he was his own person - it was his choice, and he probably thought it was "the right thing to do". He didn't like to rock the boat as I tend to do.

I've got his genes, so all I see is a 100% probability of tempting fate when I get the vaccine vs a much smaller probability of contracting it from the community (not likely, because I live in isolation and barely visit people).

That is to say, I have my own personal medical concerns, so I have the right to make my own decision to refuse. Myocarditis is one of the "common" side effects of this vaccine (as in, it is known and acknowledged that it happens sometimes). Why would I want to go sticking myself with something that a) I don't fundamentally believe in, and b) don't know what it will do to me?

Statistics or probabilities are no use here: I don't care what happens to 1000 other people when they get it. It's not like you suffer a proportionally small complication/death because of the probability. You either suffer a complication or you don't. Best way to prevent a vaccine complication is not to get one!

I don't do medicine, the closest I have in my house is ibuprofen and some sticking plasters. I never get sick, so I don't even have a GP. I've eaten part of a red and white spotted toadstool just to see what it would do (I got the shits and a sore guts) - still here today. I've drunk entire bottles of cough syrup (I did not have a cough). I've shared pipes/joints and bottles with homeless strangers. Still not sick. I've done most street drugs - but the line I drew was "never inject shit". It's a policy that's served me well so far.

I don't get flu vaccines - when I got one years ago it either didn't fucking help, or it just made me feel like shit as a result. No thanks, what's the point? I don't have kids, so no little disease vectors in my household. The people at work who are regularly getting sick are the parents with littles. I might come away with a bit of a sore throat, but a vindaloo sorts that out.

The whole overreaction (mass formation) doesn't make sense to me - I find it concerning and bizarre - the vaccine poses a risk I am not willing to take, and for that reason, I simply refuse.

That, as far as I am concerned, is where it should end. It's actually people like yourselves that are directly affecting me (as opposed to my very indirect Minority Report style crime of spreading something in the future that I don't even have) because you're happy to trash the rights of others just so that you feel safer - even though you are probably vaccinated yourselves.

Quote:
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."

Even if I *did* get COVID (which is so bad that you don't even know you have it in many cases - the fact we often need to test to know we have this "sickness" instead of just being sick tells me everything I need to know), I'd just be at home. I don't even know where the medical center is in this town - the hospital is in Wanganui or Palmy and I wouldn't bother driving there to say "hey man, I feel bad, can you hold my hand for a few days while my body heals me?" I have full faith in my body, it hasn't failed me yet, and as they say, don't fix what isn't broken.