Thread: Ethereum
View Single Post
Old 22nd August 2018, 12:26     #221
Nich

heh. True that. If you watch 75% of your investment get washed away, then hang in there while it climbs back to 10x ... well.... that's an education.

Lot's of people don't have the support group though. During the July wash out last year I was extremely nervous. I had friends with stress cold sores. But we talked it out with eachother, reminded ourselves of the long-term goal... the best thing to do was to wait.

I have a method now, I have instructed my GF to remind me on how to act accordingly:
- When the markets are getting rekt (ie right now), and I feel I should put in a manual stop loss... its already too late, we're at the bottom of the market, and I'd lock in a terrible loss .. Sit tight.
- When I am happy every day, and start saying things like "I am $100,000 away from retirement!" That's when she must tell me to sell.

This year crypto has been very beneficial for me. Put a 20% deposit on an investment property, and started a new business venture. Both of which would have been very difficult, or simply would not have happened without crypto.

The Bitcoin standard is an excellent read. I can't recommend it enough. It's a no brainer that one should diversify their wealth into Bitcoin or Ethereum. Just don't go balls deep. Invest a little into hard money, invest in stocks, invest in index funds, be smart with tax offsets, get into property if you can. Squirrel your money away while you are able to make money, and be diverse. Then you have the levers to pull on when correlation kicks in ... rebalance to the new paradigm, and wait for a new crash, spike, boom, or bust.

Last edited by Nich : 22nd August 2018 at 12:30.