View Single Post
Old 31st May 2023, 19:33     #5964
DrTiTus
HENCE WHY FOREVER ALONE

It's one thing to feel sympathy for hypothetical/historic people who have been hard done by.

It's another thing to hand out money unfairly to a specific small group of people who a) didn't suffer anything in the past, and b) have managed to get enough power to manipulate those with money to give to them. (ie, the Maori party)

I'm part Maori. Simon is part Maori. I'm sure others on here have Maori in their family. I can guarantee that the "solution" demanded is money (not specific social assistance with specific problems), and as with all resources, distribution is the problem, not necessarily the existence of said resources.

I don't have a problem with saying out loud "Maori were treated unfairly in the past", and believing it. But I do have a problem with giving millions/billions to a bunch of modern day cunts who use their Maori-ness to get things that others don't, and then keeping it for themselves, solving no problems at all.

I admire your empathy, but I don't believe that historic wrongs/injustice can be corrected simply by giving money [or land revoked from people who paid for it legitimately] to people who didn't suffer any of it.

Do they want an apology? Fine. Sorry guys. People I am not related to treated people we are both related to badly. But your problems today cannot be solved by money, or special treatment. Your issues are your own, and if you need to speak to someone to work through your issues, then good luck, because they're all trying to convince people that being born in the wrong body is hyper important, or quitting because the world has gone mad.