View Single Post
Old 25th December 2003, 01:55     #18
cyc
Objection!

Re: This country has actually gone to shit.

Quote:
Originally posted by Reformed_Quint
A teacher is now an officer of the law.

Yes, its official.

IT says so on an official police letter from New Zealand police.

While I am not willing to bet my life on this, it appears a teacher reported you doing what you were accused of and then it was accepted as true by a police officer, who proceeded to issue you a ticket. I don't necessarily see an issue with this kind of thing, provided that the teacher's version of the events was corroborated. And, no, it doesn't matter what the letter allegedly said (and I don't for one moment believe you), a teacher isn't an office of the law.

Moreover, given that you seem to believe you're above the road rules and that you haven't disputed whether you were guilty of what you were accused of, somehow one feels you mightn't be that deserving of sympathy.

PS: Incidentally, no one can consent on another person's behalf in accepting a legal wrong, perhaps except when you're under 18. Even in such a case, it isn't entirely clear to me that you are without recourse IF this ticket wasn't lawfully issued. But that you choose to whine and bitch on NZG, instead of meaningfully find out what options you might have, indicates to me that you either:

(1) Know that you deserved what you got; or

(2) Happen to be so pathetic that you can't do anything but whine.

Either way, big ups to you being off the road for longer!

Last edited by cyc : 25th December 2003 at 02:02.