Thread: nCoV 2019
View Single Post
Old 28th February 2020, 11:54     #53
Nich

I agree, and think the response is definitely no response.

But governments, central banks, and chief medical officers stand on podiums and say "We're managing this crisis." or "We're responsible for this great economy." . It does more damage than good to make people believe help is on the way. All to justify their managerial role.

The Australian bushfires got the same non-response. Help is there if you need it, call this number to see if you're eligible for government assistance. That 1800 number is manned by 1 person for Victoria region (her name is Keira), and 6 people Australia wide. ATO has offered a tax deferment for some regions until June, but my region is excluded even though the Summer tourist trade is a write off for the majority of businesses here. Of course, you can call that 1800 number to make your case that you should get a deferment too and good luck with that. In the end, the tax will pile up and will come due in June anyway.

The status quo is fake it until it becomes true. How quickly things have shifted from "We're containing this.", "This is seems to only affect Asians." to "Everyone should probably have at least 2 weeks worth of food."

The economy is not so hot anymore! We may get that 20,000 point drop even in this new fraudulent market held together by QE 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8... The weaponry to fight the war on market volatility now doesn't make a dent.

I hope those stop loss orders were in place for you guys.

Last edited by Nich : 28th February 2020 at 11:56.