Thread: TF2?
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2011, 19:08     #11
TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Corpse
So, a few questions, if anyone's in a helpful mood.

Rocket/sticky jumping. I just succeed in implanting shrapnel in my arse more than anything. I see demos flying through the air at 4x running speed with barely a scratch on them, and soldiers landing themselves on platforms far higher than I figure is doable. Is it jump, aim straight down and shoot, then duck? Or some other order?

Spy. I dislike the class, bluntly, but that's probably 'cos I can't make it work. So I'm disguised, go up behind someone, try to stab and just kinda ineffectively hump them until they get suspicious, turn around and blast me. Same if I'm stealthed. I get backstabbed by stealthed spies all the time, do I need to decloak before attacking? I'm not exactly getting lots of time to figure it out in-game.
Jumping. Because its valve, crouching is involved. Crouch jumping will result in higher jumps. For soldiers you want to aim a bit behind to move forward vs up as well. Crouch jump then fire to get highest.

Spy takes a while to get used to, but once it clicks...

Once the spies arm raises you can stab, but now and then it wont register. The secret is to strike where players will be focused on something in the other direction. Choke point corners are great for that. Practise with the default invisibility watch on point 1 of badwater, there are 2 corners there and tons of metal to use. Also, declock while standing still, otherwise its to obvious. Pick the classes you know well, and mimic them to best get close.