Thread: Player History
View Single Post
Old 17th April 2007, 00:25     #278
OR10N

I have no idea what suddenly compelled me to look in this thread (urgings from an unseen power perhaps?) but I'm sorta glad I did, because I just noticed Bushwally's post... talk about an uber blast from the past.

Really need a 'reunion' thread of sorts, where people from the distant past drop by and let us know what they're up to these days. After all it's been at least five - possibly up to seven - years since TF was actually played seriously in NZ, and I'd imagine a lot of people have gone to ground since then.

Anyway it got me thinking, maybe I should post an update on what's happening these days with the old TFers I know/still keep in touch with:

Mr. Manson aka Necrolust aka Goldberg - turns 21 next week. Damn we're all getting old and crusty, I remember when he was 11. I think he's applied for an electrical engineering apprenticeship. Still likes his heavy metal music

Yogi Bear (his brother) aka Sgt. Winky - finished his mechanical engineering degree last year. Now on the big job hunt, and racing/tweaking a mean circuit car (Evo) in his spare time.

Hellhound aka vivisect - works for an IT company doing desktop support. As Jo said, he's doing really well for himself.

Bogaan aka Testament - finished his mechanical engineering degree in 2005. Now works in Taupo for Contact Energy at the Wairakei geothermal plant, accepted a permanent position there recently.

Inertia - passed away late last year, was the victim of a home invasion/murder that was all over the papers for a while. Case remains unsolved from what I know

Vortex (the n1a one) aka sekm - haven't actually seen much of him recently, but was still in the middle of completing his BA last I heard. Should really visit him sometime for a catch-up.

As for myself - I finished my BSc in 2003, got to wear a funny hat and received a piece of paper with my name on it, and for almost 3 years I've been working for the ASB support team at Datacom where I train people on how to use their online business banking products, troubleshoot said products, and do a bit of branch/office desktop support on the side. In my spare time I collect 1980s Japanese cars, and as a result I got my 5 minutes of fame earlier this year.

Usually on MSN most nights - [email protected] - be great to catch up with more of you folks, my contact list is honestly devoid of TF people these days. Out of all the people I used to know, only the above still remain.

I heard Corrupt moved back to Australia, but other than that I'm still waiting on news about Fanatic, Loony, Firestorm, Bladestorm and all the other folks from my 2002 "Where are they now?" list...