Thread: Player History
View Single Post
Old 10th April 2007, 14:44     #272
?>Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony.S
That's kinda how I felt too Superman, you're assuming things based on pub play when a lot of talent didn't bother with it, and also you've only seen half the game. Re the exclusivity thing, something I don't really get tbh. Yes I'm sure there were those that played only the one thing, but DM, CTF, RA, CA were pretty fair game and some of us started with one (depending on when a person started), some of us crossed back and fourth.

I'm not trying to get up you, I think to make better judgment however you really needed to have played the game properly (competitively). Because no matter how many QW'ers agree with you (it has always been a popular thing to say from day one, even from those who haven't even bothered with pub), unless you played clan you missed a lot.

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion and I'm not too fussed really as it is an old cliché debate. Plus, it's not like we can prove anything now
I've played in plenty a pub and watched plenty a match. TBH playing in the pubs vs the ozzies was when i started to find TF players tough compo...I feel like you're missing the point here mate. Were those "premier" players you talk about the general average joe player? No.

You talk about rax like he wasn't that great, as i recall he was a pretty decent player. I think you're under-estimating him and over-estimating you're fellow TF'ers there...and if we're comparing premier clans/players here i may as well start off with the best in DM(nz & oz at the time) d2d.

To me this isn't an argument or debate really, i think it is just pretty much how things were. It does sound wildly biased(me being a DM player n all) but no matter how much you bend it, i'd say it was just the truth.

In regards to you're first reply to Azmo, i've never mentioned/bitched about grenades or other aspects of TF and neither has he, so i fail to see how that stops making any of our points valid, it is hardly relevant other than personal grievances you've had with fuckwits(i know the kind you're talking about) in the past. I could say the very same thing about some TF'ers i encountered.

It does sound like i was sweeping the whole of TF with one brush, but i can assure you thats not what i'm trying to do, i'm just saying i think it was just generally how the situation was until the later years when TF'ers "caught up".

Oh and the fact Azmodan is always right.