Thread: Player History
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2003, 13:29     #162
Ancedine

I started playing TF pretty much when Quake2 was released as all the CTF players kinda moved onto that and TF seemed to be getting stronger.

It was more a stress relief thing while I was studying so i pretty much just played to be stupid. Quake 1 is the only game which has had me in tears with laughter at some of the stupid things you can do.

Things I enjoyed doing:

- Agent Mulder mostly played sniper (those that remember him know how he used to shoot anyone - friend or foe). I used to go same team as him as soldier and shoot him off the balcony and into the water in 2fort5.

- There was a player named "Henry". We always played engineer and build Sguns in the stupidest of places. Most memorable was in rock 1 where in the front lifts as you enter the enemy base you could build a SGUN ontop of the lift - so any player who then entered the lift was constantly going up and down slowly being squished to death with no escape....utterly fucken hilarious.

- Shooting own players into Lava/Slime. One time on that map where the flag is surrounded by lava (forgot the name) the entire 16 players on our team ended up running there trying to cuss/shoot/gren each other into the lava....fits of laughter ensued.

- Goin demo and piping/spamming respawns. This was fucken lame and I got abused to the max. (Hoju was the man for this aswell from what I remember). Basically it was us on either team running to the enemy respawn trying to fuck each over teams first.

- Shooting soldiers in my own team as sniper in the back as they were crossing the bridge in 2fort5 then suiciding and changing class when you could see them standing still running that command which lists player classes. It was golden to see them spawn back as a scout and cuss all our friendly snipers and see massive wars break out......that was shit stirring to the max.

The clan games with XES, LAH, POW were real good aswell.
Then it started getting a bit lame with speedjumping, signifying soldier as the real dominant class and seeing SGuns and scouts getting phased out. Then proxies came along and you had things like glowing models, auto pipe detonation and various other things which for me, pretty much ruined it.

I work in IT now, play the odd custom game of warcraft 3, that's pretty much it. Waiting on World of Warcraft.