View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2005, 22:19     #118
samael

It grinds my gears that telstraclears tv schedule tool only has 3 channels showing at any one time, and that they have recently changed the channel picking select list from from channel number order to alphabetical order. grr.

It waxes my snowboard that ANZ's online banking web page insists upon resizing itself to take up the whole screen, and that it cant handle "back" (I use mouse gestures). Their excuse for making the page take up the whole screen almost pushed me over the edge. I emailed them basically saying that I didnt like it (just commenting, maybe if they get enough they may change it), they responded with "ANZ's internet banking is a very intensive web site, most computers wont be able to handle multitasking while using the service". WTF???? And now there are ads on their Internet banking website. Admittedly, the product is available to ANZ users cheaper and it is from the website. Pity there are free alterntives, if ANZ really cared about its customers, it would advertise the free product.

It really hocks my lugy that paknsaves catchphrase is "Everything we do, we do to save you money". This is an out and out lie.
What they mean is "Everything we do, we do to make us money. We have decided that by being the cheapest supermarket, or when we cant, projecting the image of the cheapest supermarket, is the best way to achieve this". Marketing in general actually.

It really shines my shoes that you can get a parking ticket for not having a registration on my car. Why is it bad not to have a registration on a parked car? Its not like I am going to crash my parked car, causing an injury to someone who then gets compensated by ACC. You know full well I have no where else to park my car motherfuckers.

It really irks my irking muscle that you dont get a ticket for not having a registration, warrant or parking exemption sticker. You get it for not displaying it properly. You cant say "opps, I made a mistake, I forgot to put my rego in that little plastic holder thingy, thanks for revoking my two hundred dollar fine". Its not that you didnt have one, its that you didnt display it.

It really rips my undies that people insist on not obeying traffic laws at intersections. For example, you cant change lanes in an intersection fucker. Its dangerous to change from the inside lane to the outside lane (move left), while indicating right to navigate a right hand turn at an intersection. EDIT: 2 same direction lanes are involved in this one.

And probably the most pathetic annoyance I have is people mis-using the phrase "begs the question". You mean to say "prompts the question". "begs the question" means something specfic, and it does a good job of efficiently getting the meaning across. If we assign a new meaning to the phrase, we will have to use a more cumbersome phrsae instead. Yeah, its pretty petty, and I am no english expert. But there you go.

Last edited by samael : 2nd August 2005 at 22:22.