View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2005, 20:11     #110
crocos

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyberbob
People that are "fine" wth 60hz refresh rates

Makes my eyes bleed.
Soo true - that's why I brought LCD screens for home (running at 75Hz) and my refresh-rate is at 160Hz at work. It gives me killer headaches when I'm using regular CRT monitors below 75Hz, and can generally percieve the flicker (in my left eye mainly - because it only has peripherial vision) upto about 85Hz (varies with the monitor type, brightness, phosphor response time etc)

Some Pet Peeves for me are noisy high-pitched ciccada-like noises comming from the dodgy flourescent tube wirring at work (headache++), Small dogs that their owners treat like cats (because then they act like a high-string, grumpy version of a cat - mercurial and vicious), shitty people taking things out on me when I'm trying to actually help (not thinking of any particular BNZ mobile mortgage manager in particular, no, not at all), drivers that show NO awareness of other vehicles on the road to the point that they pull sideways into you when you are alongside them, without even indicating, and then when you inform them that they need to get back in their lane with a blast on the horn they accelerate and cut you off without indicating, narrowly missing your front bumper (that goodness for well-maintained, strong brakes), slow down once out in front, then slam on the breaks to slow before the speed-camera, despite already going under the speed limit.... Ah you get the gist...