View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2005, 11:45     #84
eff tee

Quote:
Originally posted by chiQ
Oh hell yeah. I took males (friends and boyfriends, but no partners at that stage) along when I was looking for both the homes I bought by myself, and every time, be the RE agents male or female, they would automatically address and show the respect to the guy. Never mind that I was asking the questions, and standing in front of them. They'd look over my shoulder and talk to the freaking friend/boyfriend, and even after the male in question told them that they were just along to help it continued. BaM was with me when I was looking for the last place, and he couldn't believe how tactless they were.

When BaM and I bought this latest house it was the first time I'd bought jointly with someone else, and we encountered a few agents who didn't do this, so either Kapiti agents are less archaic in their value systems or things have changed in general.
I used to always come across agents that would want to show me the kitchen. I'd be like "Why? I don't cook." That tended to shut them up.
Am dragging Sid down in October to look at some houses and see some people, so would be lovely to catch up with you guys.

As an aside, was just reading that original thread and found these classics from Cookie. Wow, she was something else, that girl....

She hates:
- fat people
- being groped by randoms
- condoms
- the fact that once a bra size goes above a D-cup, the straps become thicker and uglier.

So.....translated into what she really wanted all the guys in the thread to know:

I am skinny, I am hot, I get sex, and I have big tits.

LOLOL. Oh how I miss her and her ego.