View Single Post
Old 17th May 2003, 17:43     #112
Azuth

Quote:
it comes from the idea that The Architect had trouble designing a matrix that people would accept
through multiple trial and error versions he was frustrated with failure as humans refused to believe and 'woke up', also there was a problem with the anomality that is 'the one' which wakes up humans
with help of a lesser mind he stumbled accross a simple solution - create another matrix that would be more believable by those who disbelieved the first one in which humans create Zion, fight the machines and in their struggle believe they are free because throughout studying human history The Architect and his lovely assistant learned through struggle and feelings of 'greater purpose' life would seem more real for humans
Neo stopping the Sentinels and going into a coma (waking up for the second time), along with Agent smith learning about the 2nd matrix and becoming involved in it just reinforces that idea.
Where did I miss him saying Zion and the 'real world' was another matrix? Where did I miss agent Smith realising he was in another matrix? Seriously, I want to know, you state these things like they were apparent or made clear in the movie, but other people I talk to say "wtf movie was he watching?"