View Single Post
Old 17th May 2003, 12:24     #89
Havs

Quote:
Originally posted by simcore_
The Architect - The function of the One is now to return to the source, allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry, reinserting the prime program. After which you will be required to select from the matrix 23 individuals, 16 female, 7 male, to rebuild Zion. Failure to comply with this process will result in a cataclysmic system crash killing everyone connected to the matrix, which coupled with the extermination of Zion will ultimately result in the extinction of the entire human race.

I'm probably just confused here but how does it result in the extinction of the entire human race? Is it because

a. since the "real world" is actually still the matrix that if something happens to the matrix they die for real.
and
b. The people in zion aren't awake since theyre still in the 2nd matrix and when they get attacked and die they are dead in the real world ? fucking mind boggeling ><
Yeah the "choices" bit is the only bit i came out of the movie not understanding, im still not clear.

What doesnt make sense to me is that "love" will always make this neo choose that door. Which is said to lead to the extinction of the human race, having huge repercusions on the machines.

So that means someone must want this and the architect almost alludes to it being a result of his planning. Which doesnt make sense. So im guessing the oracle created the love, perhaps even shown by her first prophecy to neo in the first movie.

But why this leads to the end is hazy. For example couldnt the machines simply not allow the second matrix to tap into the first. Let the humans fight a physical war?

With respect to the anomily still being in the matrix using this scenario, Neo had no idea untill morpheous told him, Neo is hardly a problem as Mr Anderson.

My biggest problem lies in the "extinction" of the human race. When the machines began the matrix the first humans had to be inserted. There for the machines have the power to insert humans into the matrix eg they dont have to be born into the matrix. Just because all the humans from the matrix will die when Neo chooses to cause the system to crash. Doesnt mean the machines cant simply create more humans, as you see them doing in the first matrix.