View Single Post
Old 24th March 2021, 17:56     #799
Lightspeed

No you're not. You're defensive and dismissive. You're working to be right, not to engage in a discussion. When I call you a cunt, I point out why you're specifically being a cunt in that point of discussion. Like when you laugh at a person who's grown up under generations of oppression for taking on the values of their oppressors. That makes you a cunt. You have to dig shit up, cause you want to be right, the discussion doesn't matter. Keeping what you got is what matters. Challenging racism challenges what you got.

Why attempt to be "rational" when as soon as I use a term that has more depth that can be defined in the dictionary, you'll hold up the dictionary all triumphant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
what about misogyny? the show obviously just reinforces negative male stereotypes. I for one demand more female and nonbinary criminals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Now this issue is about race, because we're all racist. We're all a part of these systems that arbitrarily divide us, marginalise and exploit those who find themselves vulnerable. But we can put race aside and just see a person concerned about people he is familiar with. We don't have to view this as an attack in the race war. He could actually be concerned about the people he knows and loves, without making it about white people vs non-white people. And even if he doesn't, we can.

Last edited by Lightspeed : 24th March 2021 at 17:57.