Thread: Random Politics
View Single Post
Old 13th September 2018, 17:51     #4526
CCS
Stunt Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by blynk
I must of missed the part where this turned into talking about affordable housing.

They're inextricably linked.

Quote:
This whole piece of work is around living standards for those that have to rent, and yes most of them are unlikely to ever be able to purchase a house.
But if Ma & Pa sell their rented property, its likely to go to someone that was renting, so is not renting anymore (No Change)

It means there would be fewer rental properties available. The more landlords give up on property as an investment, the fewer houses there are available to rent. If there are not fewer houses to rent, then the rent will go up to cover the landlords costs.

Quote:
or an investor that is likely to keep renting it (No Change).

That's making an assumption that there will always be an investor looking to be a landlord who will scoop up a property to give somebody somewhere to live. But you need to remember that Labour hates landlords and is trying to discourage property as an investment.