View Single Post
Old 28th May 2022, 19:33     #1384
fixed_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTitus
Outrage sells. It's clickbait in today's hyper-sensitive world. Outrage gets attention, and eyeballs, and the controversy is free promotion. The interactions and eyeballs get turned into dollars. Gervais knows this.
No shit Gervais is doing it for the money. At the expense of a vulnerable group. Punching down.
Quote:
No one is listening to the discourse. No one is changing their mind as a result of discussions. It's just a way for people to make money.
Discourse is how people's views change. That's how society becomes more progressive on on issues like this. It's not like lqbtqia rights & status becomes more acceptable over time without it being something talked about.

Quote:
We now use the word "woke" to describe hyper-sensitive people. It's not used in a positive sense. Being easily offended is not a good thing. If I was an employer I wouldn't want to hire "woke" people because I'd expect to be dealing with HR issues all the time, and not on producing things to make money. "Everything woke turns to shit".
Who's we? Middle aged right wing culture warriors on the road to boomer status? The usual hypocritical free speech advocates but also self appointed arbitrators of what people can and can't speak out against?!

That you think an employer would think it's constructive to quiz people on their socio political status based on some meme stereotype of woke is just bizarre.