Thread: Ethereum
View Single Post
Old 31st December 2020, 16:36     #362
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab
I did some contract work recently for an outfit in Canada and got paid in Lumens because it was faster and cheaper than an international transfer of Canadian dollars and converting to Australian dollars.
How did you negotiate the rate? Convert CAD to Lumens at time of payment, or fixed price in Lumens?

I wrote a whitepaper for a Californian ICO in Q4 2017. Price agreed in Eth at time of quotation ($1 USD per word). Anyway, Eth did its thing and went 5x while the work commenced... he was a good sport and paid the Eth no complaints, but it could just as easily have been middle of 2018 and me getting paid less in fiat terms. (Yes, it was one of those dirty whitepapers to extract Eth from fools).

I wasn't convinced on Bitcoin / Ethereum until I got a hardware wallet and transferred some coins. Then it dawned on me: Holy shit! The only way these coins are moving again is by my sole authorization. No permission needed, no daily transfer limits, no trading halts. It's ownership and custody unlike anything else. Then extrapolate that to DAPPs (eg. peer to peer lending) and the future looks very awesome (and free of banks).